The Second Summer School on Deep Learning in NLP will take place as part of the 14th biennial RANLP conference (RANLP 2023) from 30 August to 1 September 2023 in the city of Varna, Bulgaria.
Deep Learning is a branch of machine learning that has gained significant traction and has advanced the state of the art in Artificial Intelligence, with many sub-disciplines, including natural language, image, and speech processing, employing it widely in their best-performing models.
This summer school will feature presentations from outstanding researchers in the field of Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Deep Learning. These will include coverage of recent advances in theoretical foundations and will be held in conjunction with practical coding sessions showcasing the latest relevant technology.
The summer school would be of interest to novices and established practitioners in the fields of NLP, corpus linguistics, language technologies, and similar related areas.
- Isabelle Augenstein (Copenhagen University, Denmark)
- Kyunghyun Cho (New York University, USA)
- Tharindu Ranasinghe (University of Wolverhampton, UK)
- Damith Premasiri (practical sessions) (University of Wolverhampton, UK)
- Kanishka Silva (practical sessions) (University of Wolverhampton, UK)
- Isuri Anuradha (practical sessions) (University of Wolverhampton, UK)
Varna, the largest city on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast, in the Hotel “Cherno More”. This venue is centrally located at the entrance of the Sea Garden and offers excellent conference facilities. The city is a major tourist destination with flights to/from Varna International Airport. It is also known for its Archaeological Museum, which features the oldest gold treasure in the world (more info) and is in walking distance from the conference venue.